Last Updated: March 6, 2023
- Studio Jake Arnold’s websites, including jakearnold.com;
- Studio Jake Arnold’s social media resources;
- Our advertising and content on third-party websites and services; and
- Any other Studio Jake Arnold communication channels, including email and text.
The Site and our other programs, products and services are the “Services.”
2. What Personal Information do we collect?
For purposes of this Policy, “Personal Information” means information (whether stored electronically or in paper-based filing systems) relating to a living individual who can be identified from that data (or from that data and other information in our possession).
Studio Jake Arnold collects the following categories of Personal Information:
- E-mail address;
- Physical address; and
- Internet activity.
When you visit our Site, our web server automatically collects and stores the following information:
- Like most websites, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, including browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers (e.g., a MAC address), referring website, date and time of access, operating system and mobile network information.
- We may also determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to determine statistics about our website, including how many people visit our website from certain geographic regions.
3. How do we use Personal Information?
We may collect your Personal Information for any of the following purposes:
- to provide you with the Services that you request from us;
- to provide information you request about our Services;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, our business partners, or affiliates;
- to communicate with you (e.g. via our newsletter);
- to notify you about changes to our Services;
- to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to perform data analytics;
- to provide personalized content;
- to contact you in the future to provide you with information about other products and services we offer, or that are offered by our affiliates or third party vendors;
- to advertise our Services to you;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
- as necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of Studio Jake Arnold, our business partners or others;
- to comply with applicable laws, regulations, and court orders;
- as described to you when collecting your Personal Information; and
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the Personal Information.
4. Do we share your Personal Information with any third parties?
Studio Jake Arnold does not sell your Personal Information to any third parties. To provide the Services, we sometimes disclose Personal Information to service providers for business purposes. Sometimes we disclose Personal Information we have collected to those third parties; in other cases, the third parties collect Personal Information in the first instance and provide it to us. Studio Jake Arnold takes reasonable steps to ensure these third parties use your Personal Information only for the purposes for which they have been engaged by Studio Jake Arnold, and that they do not share or sell your Personal Information.
By using our Services and sharing your Personal Information, you agree that we have the right to share the categories of Personal Information we collect, as identified in Section 2, with our service providers for the following business purposes identified below.
We do not disclose any Personal Information about our Site visitors to service providers except as permitted by law. Personal Information about these individuals may be disclosed to service providers for the following purposes:
- Contractual performance – For service providers to perform services or functions for us pursuant to a contractual agreement that prohibits the service provider from disclosing or using the information other than for the purposes for which the information was disclosed;
- Web and behavioral analytics – For analytics and web hosting service providers to assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Site, as well as the customization of our Services for you; and
- Cloud services – For provision of cloud storage services.
We may share Personal Information of our Site visitors with third parties, such as Google, in order to perform data analytics.
Studio Jake Arnold may also disclose your Personal Information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- Participating in actual or threatened legal proceedings or alternative dispute resolution proceedings either initiated by or against us, provided we disclose only the information necessary to file, pursue, or defend against the lawsuit, and take reasonable precautions to ensure that the information disclosed does not become a matter of public record.
- In the event that we sell, buy or transfer any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your Personal Information to the prospective buyer, seller or transferee of such business or assets as part of the purchase, transfer, or sale of services or assets;
- If we sell all or substantially all of our assets to a third party, in which case Personal Information about Site visitors will be one of the transferred assets;
Whenever we share information with third parties, we will take steps to ensure that the third parties put in place adequate measures to safeguard your Personal Information, and they will be required to use any Personal Information for only the intended purpose for which it was shared.
5. Our storage of your Personal Information
Studio Jake Arnold uses reasonable and appropriate measures to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, taking into due account the risks involved in the processing undertaken and the nature of the Personal Information we collect.
We will keep your Personal Information for as long as we need it, or as otherwise prescribed by law, for the purposes set out above. This period will vary depending on your interactions with us. We may also keep a record of correspondence with you (for example if you have made a complaint about a service or product) for as long as is necessary to protect us from a legal claim.
6. Accessing other websites
We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any third parties or the content of linked websites, although we do encourage you to read the applicable privacy policies and terms and conditions of such parties or websites.
7. “Do Not Track” Signals
Some browsers may enable you to turn on or off a so-called “Do Not Track” signal. Because there is no industry consensus on what these signals should mean and how they should operate, we do not look for or respond to “Do Not Track” signals.
8. Children’s privacy
Our Services are not intended for use by children under the age of 13 (“Child” or “Children”).
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from Children under 13. If you become aware that a Child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from Children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
10. Contacting us
- By email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By physical mail at:
Studio Jake Arnold
Attention: Data Privacy Team
7494 Santa Monica Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90046
If a complaint proves to be justified, we will take appropriate action.